Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 3 (about 350g) chorizo sausages, sliced
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1.5 tsp Mexican chilli powder
- 1 800g can diced tomatoes
- 2 x cans red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 700g orange sweet potato (kumara), peeled, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 1 large (about 500g) eggplant, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- Crusty bread rolls, to serve
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the sausages and onion, and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes or until the onion is light golden and the sausages begin to brown.
2. Add the garlic and chilli powder, and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Stir in tomatoes, kidney beans, sweet potato and eggplant. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil.
3. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve with the crusty bread rolls.